A Stunning and Unique Venue for Your Ceremony
The Bigelow Chapel at United Theological Seminary of the Twin Cities provides a breathtaking, intimate, one-of-a-kind setting for your wedding ceremony.
Walking through the award-winning Bigelow Chapel, you will notice it is a delicate composition of floating planes of glass, frosted clerestory windows, cast stone walls and translucent curved wood panels that cast a warm glow and create a tranquil and inspirational environment. Skylights provide suffused light throughout the interior. Movable chairs provide a flexible venue. On the exterior, a large grass courtyard adjoins the chapel and is available for photographs. Twin towers contain a set of pealing chimes.
United is set on a beautiful, 10-acre campus in New Brighton, Minn., approximately 15 minutes from downtown Minneapolis or downtown St. Paul. The seminary is easily accessed from I-694 and the Silver Lake Road exit, which lies between I-35W North and I-94 West.
Standard capacity for comfortable seating is 150-175 people. The maximum is 200; 200 guests requires a predetermined space set up. Square footage of the sanctuary space is approximately 2,200.
Ceremony Services Include:
- The contemporary elegance of the Bigelow Chapel as the backdrop for your photographs
- Dedicated wedding coordinator
- Up to four hours use of the chapel on the day of the ceremony
- Two dressing rooms
- Steinway grand piano
- Altar and lectern
- Podium for guest book
- Wireless sound system (WiFi not available)
- Free off-street parking
- Custodial services
- Air conditioning
We can offer a licensed minister if you do not have your own officiant.
Ceremony deposit........$400.00 §
Damage deposit...........$125.00 °
Services Requiring Additional
- Pre-marital counseling (required)
- Use of space beyond 4-hour time limit for ceremony or 1-hour time limit for rehearsal
* Four-hour maximum, from first individual's arrival onsite to last individual vacating the property; includes photography session and floral drop off/setup. Current students, staff, and faculty of United may contact the wedding coordinator for discounted rates. To receive the student rate, a bride or groom in the wedding must be a current student when the non-fefundable deposit is made. To receive the staff/faculty rate, a bride or groom in the wedding must be a current staff or faculty member when the non-refundable deposit is made.
† One-hour maximum. The preferred time (for a Saturday wedding) is 5:00 PM on the Friday before the service.
§ This non-refundable deposit goes toward the $850 service fee.
° This deposit is fully refundable within 10 days after the ceremony date if, once all individuals from the event have vacated the seminary, 1) the Bigelow Chapel narthex, sanctuary, and processional and the dressing rooms (Classroom E and F) are left in the condition in which they were found, 2) no damages to seminary property have been made by the wedding party/guests/associated vendors, and 3) the time limits of one hour for the rehearsal and four hours for the ceremony are honored, given a 15-minute grace period at the start and end of the event (unless contracted otherwise). A violation of any one of these three items will result in the full deposit being retained by the seminary.
‡ Fees are subject to availability and at the sole discretion of the service provider. The exception is use of the space beyond 4 hours, which is $75.00 per additional hour for the ceremony and $50 per additional hour for the rehearsal.
Photo credits: Top - studio306; Middle - Ling Photography